The author first came into contact with Storyline in the early 80s as an exchange partner from Hamburg University to Jordanhill College of Education in Glasgow. He became very inerested in how it could be adapted for use in adult education and has been using it successfully in his own work since then. Although the author of many articles on the subject this is the book he has been planning to write for many years. It is a book based on experience and practice. In it he has included:
- an introduction to the Storyline method,
- a report on how it looks to a visitor to a school where the approach is used,
- some principles of the pedagogy behind the approach,
- a guideline for developing a Storyline on ones’ own,
- an overview over a variety of techniques used in Storyline-teaching,
- some ideas on evaluating the outcomes, and
- some brief remarks on the theoretical backgrounds.
Ulf describes this book as being written by a practitioner for practitioners. He has included In chapter 8 a bibliography. In chapter 9 there are sample outlines of four Storyline topics.